Class of 2023
Six Pack indoor volleyball
Get discovered. commit.
DUE TO COVID ALL TOURNAMENT PLAY
HAS BEEN SUSPENDED FOR NOW
Five words you can use to describe yourself on the court.
Five words you can use to describe yourself off the court.
Describe how you work in a team with your partners.
I apply the “teamwork makes the dreamwork” mindset when interacting with teammates. As an empathetic leader, I embrace building strong positive and open relationships with teammates and coaching staff on and off the court. Building trust and celebrating the strengths of each player is extremely important, playing a significant role in the development of skill and character. Winning and losing as a team is crucial for creating team unity. I not only love playing volleyball but I particularly enjoy winning and celebrating the contributions from each of my teammates.
Involvement in other sports or extracurricular. Why is it important for you?
As a multi-sport athlete, I pride myself on playing both competitive basketball and volleyball. Playing both of these sports has provided me with the opportunity to cultivate relationships with many different players and coaches. Playing multiple sports on various teams has contributed to my strength, conditioning, foot speed, hand, and eye coordination, and my vertical for jumping and rebounding. I have acquired time management skills through my experience balancing two rep sports, high school sports, and maintaining a strong GPA. This is important to me since I strive to be the best version of myself on the court and in the classroom. Since I have lots of energy, enjoy a challenge, I believe it is important to be exposed to various coaching styles as well as being involved in different extracurricular activities.
Receiving constructive and positive coaching feedback is important as it contributes to my growth not only as an athlete but as a person in general.
What are your interests outside of sports? Why do you like them?
Outside of sports, my family plays an important role in my life. I enjoy hanging out with them while traveling around the country, watching movies, and playing games. I am also passionate about contributing to my community by working as a volunteer for different associations. Through my work supporting my volleyball club as an In-Door and Beach Assistant Coach, I have enhanced my communication and leadership skills, developing relationships with players and their families.
Who are your role models and why?
My role model would be my Uncle Sam Johnston who is someone that is very successful professionally, academically, and athletically. I admire my Uncle Sam for his indomitable spirit; never giving up by overcoming Leukemia – Stage 4, being awarded a Taekwondo Gold Medal for Canada at the age of 52 in South Korea, and being a Master 8th Degree Black Belt in multiple martial art disciplines. Having overcome a life-threatening illness while keeping a strong faith by bettering one’s life are qualities that I admire.
Academic highlights and how you felt when you received them.
● 2020-2021 Honour Roll Student
● 2019-2020 Honour Roll Student
● 2018-2019 Honour Roll Student
● 2018-2019 English Academic Award
● 2017-2018 Honour Roll Student
● 2017-2018 English Academic Award
● 2017-2018 Valedictorian, Primary School Graduation
As a committed student-athlete, I understand the importance of time management and how hard work pays off. I approach both school and sports with the input-output theory, trying my hardest to seek new knowledge and feedback to help set me up for the best results. Going into each new school year I set goals for myself on what I hope to achieve as well as what I will improve on from last year. Receiving academic recognition is very inspiring for me to continue striving to better myself as a student and community member.
What program would you like to attend in school?
I am interested in pursuing a Bachelor of Science (Biomedical) degree with hopes of eventually becoming an Epidemiologist.
How do you envision your school life in college/university?
I envision my college/university experience will be filled with many incredible memories and opportunities to learn academically, personally, and athletically. I plan on using the lessons I have learned from the last 10 years of being a student-athlete to achieve future academic and athletic goals. I am anticipating “many firsts” and meeting lots of wonderful new friends that I hope to have for a lifetime. Community engagement plays an important role in my life and I plan on being an active member of my college/ university.
I am proud to be a strong female athlete and receiving the above athletic highlights are a reflection of my team, coaches, and my hard work which makes me feel proud. I appreciate the opportunity to be able to play sports and meet some amazing people such as my coaches and teammates who have contributed to my skill and character development as a player. Playing sports provides me with a sense of community, allowing me to strive for excellence, and an outlet to fulfill my competitive spirit. Growing up being referred to as a “Tall Girl”, I am grateful for my athleticism and will continue to strive for excellence by applying a strong work ethic and openness to learning with a positive outlook.
2021 Volleyball Schedule:
DUE TO COVID-19 ALL TOURNAMENTS POSTPONED
Athletic highlights and how you felt when you received them.
● 2019-2020 OFSAA Senior Player Basketball Placing 8th Overall in Province
● 2019-2020 CWOSSA Champs, Senior Basketball Achievement Award St. James High School
● 2019-2020 D10 Champs, Senior Basketball Achievement Award St. James Catholic High School
● 2019-2020 Selected Representative for She’s Got Game Annual Gala, University of Guelph
● 2018-2019 D10 Champs, Junior Basketball Achievement Award St. James Catholic High School
● 2018-2019 D10 Game Most Valuable Player, St. James Catholic High School
● 2018-2019 CWOSSA Champs, Junior Basketball Achievement Award St. James High School
● 2018-2019 Top 40 Tri-City Regional Basketball Camp
● 2018 Most Valuable Player, U14 Guelph Grizzlies Volleyball Association
● 2017-2018 OBA All-Star
● 2017-2018 Female Athlete of the Year, Holy Trinity Catholic School
● 2017-2018 U14 Most Valuable Player, Ancaster Blitz Basketball Association
● 2017 Award of Excellence Player, U14 Guelph Grizzlies Volleyball Association
● 2017 Blue Star Ontario Basketball Summer Camp
● 2016-2017 OBA All-Star
● 2016-2017 Most Valuable Player, Kitchener Vipers Basketball Association
● 2016 Blue Star Ontario Basketball Summer Camp
● 2015 TIDP Ontario Basketball Summer Camp
● 2013-2014 Most Valuable Player, Guelph Phoenix Basketball Association
I am proud to be a strong female athlete and receiving the above athletic highlights are a reflection of my team, coaches and my hard work which makes me feel proud. I appreciate the opportunity to be able to play sports and meet some amazing people such as my coaches and teammates who have contributed to my skill and character development as a player. Playing sports provides me with a sense of community, allowing me to strive for excellence, and an outlet to fulfill my competitive spirit. Growing up as being referred to as a “Tall Girl”, I am grateful for my athleticism and will continue to strive for excellence by applying a strong work ethic and openness to learning with a positive outlook.
2021 Guelph Junior Gryphons Volleyball Club
- right side hitter
- playing up an age group U18
Guelph Junior Gryphons Beach Volleyball
- U16 age division
- OVA Ashbridges Bay silver medal
- OVA Grand Bend Silver medal
St James Catholic School, Guelph, ON
- Class of 2022
- 2020 Honour Roll student
- 2019 Honours
- 2018 Honours
- 2019 English Academic Award
- GPA 3.90
Would like to pursue a degree in Biomedical Science
Multi sport athlete and participation:
- 2020 Junior Girls Captain
- 2019 Junior Girls Captain
- Beach Volleyball
- Ancaster Blitz Basketball Association
2018 Female Athlete of the Year
Leadership and volunteer:
2020-2021 Sports Leadership Senior High School Ministry Program
2020 Athletic Council Member
2020-2021 Administrative Support and Assistant Coach
- Junior Guelph Gryphons Volleyball Association
2018-2019 Sales Associate, Food Services
- Cambridge RedHawks
2017-2020 Refereed and Monitored Sporting Events
- Elementary and Secondary Schools
2017 Office Helper, Holy Trinity Catholic School
The Six Pack Commitment
Regular online group meetings offering support with updates about your recruiting profile.
Will provide full email support during the recruiting process.